Saturday, August 21, 2010
Chemo complete!
We are officially chemo complete! Joel had his 46hr dosage stopped yesterday and happily handed over the fanny pack. He took these past 3 treatments better since one of the doses was cut in half, and should continually feel better from here on out without any setbacks. I was greeted with a big hug yesterday when I returned from the gym and him saying, "it's all over!" These past 7 months have really gone by fast considering everything we've been through. I have an amazing family that I love more than anything and I thank God he has delivered us through this storm. I have enjoyed having Joel home this summer and it will definitely be an adjustment for us all when he goes back to work. J.J. and Jace love their mornings with daddy on the couch and mid afternoon movie time, but now it's back to running all over town with mommy :) No time frame yet on Joel getting back into the jet, but I know he can't wait. We have another follow-up at MD Anderson in September/October and after that he should start checking the boxes to allow him up in the air again. I'll try and download some pictures from the camera and get them up when I can. Thanks again to everyone for all the love and support you've given us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment