Joel had his first round of chemo today and still has the continuous flow going. So far he hasn't felt too sick and seems to be handling it pretty well. They say if he'll just keep something in his stomach he should be okay.....we'll see :)
Tomorrow is J.J.'s MRI so I'm getting ready to crash for the night. I had a lot of anxiety last night not knowing what today was going to hold for us and did't get much sleep, so my body is ready for some rest. We don't go in until 12:30pm and probably won't get any results until Friday.
Please pray that Joel continues to feel well and they find no abnormalities in J.J.'s head!
Hey Marsha! I just found out about all of this and wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't believe you all are going through this stress...I am especially praying for you and your strength. God bless that little son of yours and keep Joel strong! - Erin Rust Munton
ReplyDeleteThinking about you guys! Don't forget to send Chloe home with your mom. -Jimmy
ReplyDeleteMarsha-Our Bible study group prayed for your family, Joel's recovery, and JJ's surgery tonight. If you have a few minutes to read about chemotherapy, I think the following 2 websites are the most helpful. National Cancer Institute--cancer.gov and American Cancer Society--cancer.org Search "understanding chemotherapy". NCI has a good e-book called Cancer and You. Chemo is rough, no matter how it's been explained to you guys. Being prepared for side effects will definitely help. Still working on getting that "recipe" to you.
ReplyDeletelove and prayers, Jana