Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Owwie" out today!!

Today is the day!! We had a great night last night and J.J. could not have been any bigger of a boy. We were admitted yesterday around 1pm and I was so nervous about how he was going to handle just hanging out in a hospital room all night. To my surprise there was a HUGE playroom (I'll get that picture on later) and child developement nurses that played with J.J. and showed him everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) about what was going to happen to him today. They gave him a little voodoo doll that he got to put IV's in, drain tubes on and even give medicine to. He knows he has an owwie in his lung that has to be removed by surgery and that he will have a cut like daddy did. I am amazed at how much he is able to comprehend about this at his age. He got his IV in last night and thinks he's being given Superman juice(saline) to make him really strong. I could go on and on about how proud I am of him.......he's really making this a lot "easier" on me.

His surgeon just came out and told us he's getting ready to start and should be done in about an hour - I'll post later on when he's out and in ICU.

Thanks again for the continuous prayers! :)


Saying bye to Jace


Chatting on the phone....


Getting ready to crash out!

4 comments:

  1. You've been on my heart this week. We are praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a big boy! Isn't amazing how well they do when it's you who's freaking out more?! I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete