Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Superman is healing!


Here is a picture of our little guy just hours after his surgery - as you can tell he is doing great! Surgery lasted about 1 1/2 hrs and everything went as planned. The dr. removed the upper lung lobe with the mass through an incision smaller than 1 1/2 inches. We won't know the pathology report for several days, but the dr. isn't expecting any surprises. J.J. and I have spent most of the day relaxing in his big bed talking about his owwie being gone and when he can take his diaper off......that is his ONLY complaint. We are SO proud of him for being so tough and know he will be our crazy monkey again in a couple of days.

Joel was up here this morning for the surgery and then came back this evening to visit. He is feeling great except for being frequently tired. I know it was hard for him to leave us up here today, but we have to make sure he stays healthy and doesn't catch anything during these next months of chemo. I keep thinking if it wasn't for his positive attitude and smiley face through his surgery, J.J. wouldn't have been able to stay tough. Gotta love my strong boys!!


7 comments:

  1. glad to hear thing went well! jj looks so happy-what a strong kid. keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he is doing great! Wish I was there with you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear! JJ looks great. One more thing that you've made it through like a champ. You are an amazing woman, Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad things went well. I have been thinking of you while I have been away. JJ's smiles are priceless. I am praying for you to continue to be strong and if you need anything just let me know! Glad you have this blog!
    Angela Deboer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a tough little man! :-) Glad the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious little boy you have!!! missed you today!!
    You are such a good mommy and wife!! love reading your blog!!!
    Do you get to go home tomorrow???
    Prayers going out right now while we put sedona to bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You talk about your strong boys, but talk about a strong mama! You are amazing with your outlook and powering through all of this. Proud of you girl.

    ReplyDelete