I have to start this off with a huge thank you! For all of you who have so graciously made a meal, given a gift card or sent us a card, I could never thank you enough!! It's amazing how the little things such as planning a week's meals or going grocery shopping ends up last on my "to do" list. We have received numerous cards and each one has a different way of saying God is in control and He will deliver us from this time - THAT my friends is how we stay strong, positive and hold it all together right now. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
For the latest news.....
We are officially headed down to Houston on Tuesday where Joel will have labs/scans done all day Wednesday and meet with the surgeon and oncologist Thursday. I don't know much more than that, but will update next week after the appointments. My mom is coming down to watch the boys on Thursday so I can go with Joel and she will be staying with us through the next week. Joel is getting stronger and stronger each day and becoming quite creative on new ways to scare me. If I get squirted with the faucet hose one more time, I think I'm sending him to work for a week!! :) Honestly, we are enjoying this time together and couldn't be happier.
J.J. had a follow-up neurology appt. yesterday where we learned he is now having a different kind of seizure. He is on medication for febrile seizures and is doing great, but lately he has these "episodes" where he goes into a blank stare and freezes. This only lasts for about 10 seconds, but he doesn't remember a thing in that short period. Anyways, we have started another medication and go back in ~3 weeks for a follow-up. The doctor diagnosed him with Grand Mal seizures, but after doing some research on my own, I think he's having Petit Mal seizures. One you convulse and the other you just freeze for <20 seconds. We're waiting on a call back from the doctor to discuss this more.... We also had his consult with a pediatric thoracic surgeon yesterday - who I LOVED - and we have his surgery scheduled for March 24th. The surgery will remove his upper left lung lobe to include the mass and shouldn't be more than about 1 hr. long. He will be in ICU for about 2 days and then stay on the floor for another 3-5 days. We are told his recovery will be quick, so I'm hoping I'll have my crazy monkey back in no time :)
Besides the fevers and sore throats we all have (does it ever end??), Jace and I are hanging in there and ready to support Joel and J.J. with all we've got. Please keep the prayers coming and know with those and your support, I have energy :)
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey girl-We're praying for you! Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteHey Marsha...I had heard about your family from Melissa, but then stumbled upon your blog from Angela's..small world. Thinking of your family and praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind Merna gave ur link to me. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...Marsha, I am soo impressed at the wonderful strong family y'all have. Also relieved JJ's doing much better, He is a tough little man. I see he gets it frm his parents huh? I will continue to send happy healing vibes to both Joel and JJ.They are blessed to have a wonderful mother and wife.They are lucky to have such love and joy in their life!Keep them positive thoughts.I sure miss them sweet babies of yours. Hope to see ya soon. If ya need anything please let us know! Yvette
ReplyDelete