We found out today that J.J.'s MRI results were totally NORMAL!! What a huge relief it was to hear this news. I didn't think there was anything wrong, but couldn't help but wonder why he's having seizure episodes. Since we started him on another medication they have slowed down a bit, but still happen under random circumstances.
Joel was "unhooked" today and isn't feeling too bad. He says he feels like he's got the flu and his stomach hurts, but no signs of being nauseous. I can tell his energy level is significantly lower, but he sure does keep a smile on his face and a good sense of humor through this. If there is 1 person who can fight til the end, it's Joel - cancer will not win this battle :)
As for me, I'm still making it to the gym so far to release some anxious energy and am amazed at my energy level. I do spin about three times a week and try and vision myself passing and then spinning dirt in cancer's face behind me. I know that probably sounds weird, but several times in our class we race/pass people and I can't help but think I'm kicking its butt as well. I've started making the Starbuck's to-go coffees and can't believe how good and STRONG they are - not a fan of instant coffee, but these are the real thing without using a coffee maker. Maybe that's where I get my energy??!
We are going to try and have a nice relaxing weekend enjoying our time together before J.J.'s surgery next week, before everything turns upside down again.... :)
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVED reading how you let spin get that stress out of your life!! sorry i didn't get a chance to try and comment yesterday.
ReplyDeleteso fun seeing you this week in class. need to hit starbucks together sometime after a class, that would be too fun!!!
That is great to hear about JJ's MRI results. Tell Joel we are praying for him (and you).
ReplyDeleteJoel DeBoer (and Angela)
I'm so glad to hear everything is looking up! Give JJ a big hug from Ms. Jamie and tell him I miss him! Will keep Joel in my prayers. Stay strong and hang in there! You have my numbers if you need anything :-)
ReplyDeleteJamie Opielski
Finally going hi-tech and getting up on the Blog. Glad to hear about JJ. I know "Thor"...and his spirit is unbreakable.
ReplyDeleteGreat news about JJ. I love your "vision" while spinning. I'm sure it keeps you going on that bike. Keep updating! We're praying for you guys.
ReplyDelete